Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A delightful, vegetable-laden dish that is perfect for brunch, served warm or cool, and also is a delicious breakfast or dinner side dish. So versatile and so yums! Compliments of the food cravings and Sunday afternoon free time of Gia & Amy.
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen chopped spinach
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped (rotisserie works well)
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In olive oil coated sauté pan, cook spices, onion, garlic, red bell pepper, zucchini and mushrooms until softened.
- Toss spinach (drained/squeezed of excess water) into pan to warm for 1 minute
- Whip eggs and milk for 1-2 minutes (or until lightly foamy/frothy).
- Add cheese and vegetables to eggs and mix.
- Pour mix into butter greased pie pan (2" deep by about 9" wide).
- Bake for 35-40 min, or until center is firm. Cool for 5 min before cutting. Enjoy!