Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in a small cookbook I discovered in a second-hand store entitled: "A Taste of Mexico." It contains recipes provided by Home Economic teachers all across America. This is a true family pleaser.
- 18 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup corn oil
- 24 ounces crushed tomatoes (Mexican seasoned if possible)
- 3⁄4 cup green chili, diced
- 48 ounces refried beans, spicy
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, chopped (fresh)
- 2 anaheim chilies, sliced (or Poblano)
- 3⁄4 cup guacamole (your favorite)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Fry tortillas in oil for 10 seconds on each side until lightly browned.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Combine canned tomatoes, green chiles and beans.
- Simmer 20 minutes until ingredients are well blended.
- For each serving: spread 1/2 cup bean mixture on one tortilla.
- Cover with second tortilla.
- Spread 1/2 cup bean mixture on second tortilla.
- Cover with third tortilla.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese, 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes and 1/4 of each sliced chile on third tortilla.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven.
- Spoon one ounce of guacamole on center of baked pizza.
- Top with 1/2 ounce chopped green onions.
- Repeat process with remaining tortillas and ingredients.