Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is an easy ice cream cake that is chocolatey and refreshing at the same time. Great for birthdays, potlucks, barbeques, etc. PLUS it's EASY, EASY, EASY!!!!!!
Top Review by Chef Charlee
This was easy to make, and put together. I made it for my son's birthday. It was enjoyed by all. I added nuts sprinkled over the top for some added crunch and flavor, since we all love nuts on our sundaes.
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1 (12 ounce) container chocolate fudge topping
- Cool Whip (optional)
- maraschino cherry (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease/flour a 13 x 9 cake pan.
- Mix, bake and cool cake completely.
- Remove from pan and split in half horizontally.
- Place bottom layer back in pan.
- Cut ice cream into even slices and place evenly over bottom cake layer.
- Place top cake layer over ice cream.
- Cover and freeze.
- To serve, cut into squares.
- Spoon warmed hot fudge on top of each square and then dollop with Cool Whip and a cherry, if desired.