Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
What a fantastic cake! It'a a one-bowl cake;it tastes just like an ice cream sundae without the ice cream! Most of the ingredients you'll probably have in your pantry.If this is not enough for you, try adding a nice scoop of your favorite ice cream!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped (you may use any nuts you have)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 3 cups fruit (halved strawberries, cut up fresh pineapple, bananas)
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry ice cream topping
- mini chocolate chip, if desired (to garnish) (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in large mixing bowl. Add milk, butter, egg and vanilla. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Increase speed to medium. Beat until well mixed. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips by hand.
- Spread batter into greased and floured 8-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle with peanuts. Bake for 28-32 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Beat chilled whipping cream in chilled small deep mixer bowl at high speed, scraping bowl often, until soft peaks form.Continue beating, gradually adding powdered sugar, until stiff peaks form.
- Cut cooled cake into squares. Place each serving onto individual plates. Top with fresh fruit and strawberry topping; add dollop of whipped cream and chocolate chips, if desired.