Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fantastic recipe from a cookbook I'm editing. It's technically a slaw because of the cabbage, but it's nothing like slaw.
- 1 head red cabbage
- 1 lb carrot, shredded
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, cut into small pieces
Garlic Herb Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill weed, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- For the salad, combine cabbage, carrots, onion and bell peppers in a bowl; set aside.
- For the dressing, combine oil, vinegar, dill weed, parsley, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt and black pepper in a food processor and process until well mixed. Toss salad with dressing and avocado and mix well.