Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
A quick bread recipe with lots of healthy ingredients from the Joyva Corporation. Throw in chopped walnuts or almonds if you feel like it.
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (can sub golden raisins, currants or cranberries)
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla rice milk (or soy milk)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower oil
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of (1/4 cup lemon juice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In electric blender, grind the flaxseeds to fine powder. Add 1/3 cup water; blending until frothy. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine the safflower oil, sesame paste and sugar. Beat with mixer on medium speed until blended. Beat in the flaxseed mixture.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add this to the wet mixture, beating on low speed until smooth.
- Beat in the rice milk, fresh lemon juice and peel. Fold in gently the sunflower seeds and raisins just until blended.
- DO NOT overstir.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle poppy seeds over the top of the batter. Bake the bread until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Bake about 50-60 minutes.
- Cook in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert pan onto wire rack and cool. Cool completely before slicing.