Recipe by looneytunesfan
Bursting with a sweet but tart lemony flavor, these gorgeous and refreshing bars have plenty of pizzazz.
Top Review by *Pixie*
These are great! I really love the usage of powdered sugar and rolled oats in the crust. The crust was really nice - easy to cut and not crumbly. I sprinkled the top of the lemon filling with a couple tablespoons of flaked coconut before baking and skipped the dusting of powdered sugar. I also cut the pan into 25 since that is what I usually do and did it without thinking :) Excellent recipe, would definitely make again. Made for PAC Spring 2009.
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup regular rolled oats
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- confectioners' sugar (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*. Coat an 8x8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine 2/3 cups flour, powdered sugar and oats. Using a pastry blender or your fingertips, cut butter into flour mixture until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar on high until light and foamy, about 2 minutes. Add lemon juice, 2 tablespoons flour and baking powder. Mix until smooth. Stir in lemon zest.
- Pour topping over crust. Bake until lightly brown and center is set, about 15 minutes. Cool completely. Cut into 16 squares. Dust with confectioners sugar. Refrigerate until ready to serve.