Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are so pretty and so good to eat.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350°F degrees.
- In large bowl, combine 2 c flour, 1/2 c powder sugar, and butter at low speed until crumbly.
- Press mixture on bottom of an ungreased 13x9 pan.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until lightly browned.
- In large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, flour and baking powder; blend well.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Pour mixture over warm crust.
- Return to oven and bake 25-30 minutes or until top is light golden brown.
- COOL COMPLETELY.
- In small bowl, combine powdered sugar and enough lemon juice for desired glaze consistency.
- Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled bars.
I made these today. I thought they were easy. Flavor was good but the crust came out alittle tough. Thanks for the recipe, we still enjoyed them very much.
My friend made these, and they were wonderful. I must have used the wrong pan or something. The filling was terrific, but my crust and topping were brittle. They were a bit time-consuming, but not difficult. I will try these again!! Marianna U. Kretschmer