Recipe by Evamyth
Posted in reply to a recipe request. The recipe I found did not include baking instructions. All times are a guess.
- 1 package active dry yeast (2-1/4 tsp)
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup currant jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine yeat and 1 cup flour in a large bowl.
- Heat the milk, shortening, suagr and salt until warm, stirring to melt the shortening.
- Add to yeast/flour mix with egg and lemon zest.
- Beat for 1/2 minute on low speed, scraping sides of bowl constantly.
- Beat for 3 minutes on high speed.
- Mix in by hand enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place on a greased surface.