Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I bought a working 1950's Sunbeam Waffle Iron (80 square inches of waffle!) at an estate sale, and found the original insert with the recipe online. The addition of vanilla makes these waffles perfect.
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 4 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat egg whites until stiff, and set aside.
- Beat egg yolks for one minute; add milk and vanilla, and beat for one minute longer.
- Add sifted dry ingredients, and beat only until mixed. Pour in cooled, melted butter until throughly blended.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Pour 14 oz. of batter in center of grids.
- Cook until golden brown.
Thank you for sharing your lovely recipe. I enjoyed these waffles very much. I garnished them with icing sugar, butter and a little heated maple syrup. They were big, fluffy and tender. Quick and easy to make. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Made for New Kids on the Block.