Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy Corn Chowder with added veggies to make it a hearty meal. Substitute any herbs and spices to your taste!
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (15 ounce) water (measure from soup can)
- 1 (4 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, chopped into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Saute onion and garlic in large sauce pan over medium heat until onion is light brown.
- Meanwhile begin heating soup, water, cream corn and kermel corn over low heat in large pot.
- Add squash and yellow pepper to the onion, cook until squash is tender.
- Add vegetables and seasonings to soup and heat over medium until mixture just starts to bubble.
- Serve warm. Top with shredded cheddar cheese if desired - delicious!