Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Here is our way to make sun tea.
Make and share this Sun Tea recipe from Food.com.
- 4 family-size tea bags
- 1 gallon water, room temp
- The night before fill a gallon container with water and screw on the lid.
- In the morning place tea bags inside the container.
- Set it outside in a full sun location, preferably on a sidewalk (it gets a extra kick that way from the hot cement).
- In 6 - 8 hours you have tea.
- Refrigerate until chilled and serve over ice.
This worked out great! Living in Hawaii, we have quite a bit of sun so I didn't have to leave it out that long. It was so easy and refreshing! Made for 1-2-3 Zaar Hits Tag Game 2010.
I gave this 4 stars. Just how my grammy used to make sun tea and how I've made sun tea. My future mom-inlaw does the same except they leave the tea in the sun and fill glasses with ice and serve. My future mom-inlaws way is to way to strong for me. The only difference is we all use warm water. My future hubby and his family love sun tea. I'm not a big fan of tea but I do like sun tea. Thanks for posting a good recipe. Christine (internetnut)
So easy to make on this 103*F day! It only took about 4 hours! Delicious! Thanks!