Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Saved from a magazine for later. It says, "if your tomatoes are very sweet and need more acid, adjust the flavor by adding another 1 Tbs. sherry vinegar. For a variation, try substituting 2 Tbs. torn basil or a mix or chopped fresh herbs for parsley. The salad may be prepared up to 2 hours ahead, covered, and left at room temperature. Toss again before serving."
- 1 cup pitted nicoise olives or 1 cup kalamata olive
- 2 lbs heirloom tomatoes or 6 heirloom tomatoes, assorted colors and sizes
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Slice the olives into quarters.
- Core the tomatoes and slice them into large bite-sized wedges or cubes.
- Put the olives, tomatoes, and shallot in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sherry vinegar and parsley.
- Season again with salt and pepper to taste; then add the olive oil and toss.