Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This bread makes sunflower lovers sing! The sunflower seeds impart a lovely, subtle taste and a lovely chewy texture. Toasted, this bread does wonderful things with fruit and jelly, and will breathe new life into that predictable cheese sandwich. From Electric Bread.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 1⁄2 cups white bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Add ingredients according to your Bread Machine's manufacturer's instructions.
- Success Hints: This bread makes great croutons!
- Lightly butter bread slices, cube, and bake at 350 degrees until crisp.
- Sunflower seed salt contents varies by brand.
- If using low or unsalted seeds, adjust salt accordingly.
- This recipe can be made with the white, rapid or delay bake cycles.
this is just a wonderful bread. it's way too good to waste on a sandwich, just cut off a chunk and enjoy-or throw on some butter if you insist. i used raw sunflower seeds and didn't think it needed salt. 5 stars, thanks bev
I've been dying to try this, and finally got around to making a loaf. It is divine! I used sunflower seeds from a regular jar from the supermarket, didn't change the recipe an iota, and it came out perfect and yummy! Thanks, Bev!
I don't know wht I did wrong but this didn't work for me - the loaf was heavy and tasteless - sorry!