Recipe by Bev
This bread makes sunflower lovers sing! The sunflower seeds impart a lovely, subtle taste and a lovely chewy texture. Toasted, this bread does wonderful things with fruit and jelly, and will breathe new life into that predictable cheese sandwich. From Electric Bread.
Top Review by chia
this is just a wonderful bread. it's way too good to waste on a sandwich, just cut off a chunk and enjoy-or throw on some butter if you insist. i used raw sunflower seeds and didn't think it needed salt. 5 stars, thanks bev
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 1⁄2 cups white bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Add ingredients according to your Bread Machine's manufacturer's instructions.
- Success Hints: This bread makes great croutons!
- Lightly butter bread slices, cube, and bake at 350 degrees until crisp.
- Sunflower seed salt contents varies by brand.
- If using low or unsalted seeds, adjust salt accordingly.
- This recipe can be made with the white, rapid or delay bake cycles.