Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
The sunflower seeds in this bread provide a delicious chewy texture. Works great for a peanut butter and jelly or grilled cheese sandwich.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 cups white bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup wheat bread flour
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in bread machine pan in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Use regular, rapid or delayed time bake cycles.
Beautiful, beautiful loaves - all crackly and blistery. They look and smell divine. Unfortunately, I am giving them as gifts and forgot to bake a little loaf for myself for the important testing function. I know they will be wonderful, will add stars when I make them again. Update: Two of three recipients could not wait and tore into the loaves with their bare hands! Loved the chewy/nutty quality that the sunflowers provide.