Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
It is important to marinate this amazing concoction overnight to blend the flavors. It is so delicious and robust with many layers of flavor, yet a breeze to make. It makes for an elegant presentation served on a pretty plate! It's perfect for the holidays because it's green, red and white. I get rave reviews everytime I make it. My friend, Pam, an amazing cook, was kind enough to share this recipe with me! That's all folks, you can thank me later, LOL
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (approx)
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained (from the jar marinated in olive oil)
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- crostini toast rounds (to serve on)
- The night before, in a bowl, mix all ingredients together except the goat cheese. Stir until well mixed. Use enough oil to fully saturate with some extra settled on bottom of bowl.
- Cover and refridgerate overnight. You can occasionally take it out of the fridge and shake it up a bit.
- About an hour before serving, take out of fridge and bring to room temperature. It's ready to go when the oil is no longer gelled.
- Chop mixture in food processor just enough to blend together. Pour over log of goat cheese. Serve with toast rounds.
- Cooking time means to marinate overnight.
I made this last night and it was a HUGE hit, I thought it was soooo delicious too! Going to go eat the leftovers now. It is very garlicy. People asked for the recipe and it looks so pretty too. Make it!
I made this for company this weekend and it was fabulous. Super easy and wonderful flavors. Yummy!!!!!