This recipe calls for pesto, but it would not go through as an ingredient, so I entered, basil then pesto after a comma. If you are using the dry packed sun-dried tomatoes, they need to be refreshed in boiling water, then drained once rehydrated. If using the oil packed, simply drain the oil.
- Line a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, draping the wrap over the sides and ends of the pan (Just like lining a shoe box with tissue paper).
- Spread one cup of the Fontina cheese on the bottom of prepared pan, covering entire surface.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to combine the cream cheese and goat cheese, mixing thoroughly.
- Spread half the cream cheese mixture over Fontina cheese layer.
- Spread half the pesto over cream cheese layer.
- Spread half the sun-dried tomatoes over pesto layer.
- Sprinkle half the pine nuts over tomato layer. Press down lightly with your hands.
- Sprinkle one cup Fontina over pine nuts.
- Repeat all layers , ending with a layer of Fontina cheese on top. Your loaf will be about 3” high.
- Fold plastic wrap over surface of cheese and cover pan with aluminum foil. Refrigerate until ready to serve, or freeze for up to one month. To defrost, remove from freezer and let stand at room temperature for about 8 hours.
- When ready to serve. Unwrap top of loaf pan and invert the pan onto a platter. Lift pan up and remove foil and plastic wrap.
- Serve with crackers or pita bread wedges.