1/1 Photo of Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Cheese Terrine
This recipe calls for pesto, but it would not go through as an ingredient, so I entered, basil then pesto after a comma. If you are using the dry packed sun-dried tomatoes, they need to be refreshed in boiling water, then drained once rehydrated. If using the oil packed, simply drain the oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, draping the wrap over the sides and ends of the pan (Just like lining a shoe box with tissue paper).
- 2Spread one cup of the Fontina cheese on the bottom of prepared pan, covering entire surface.
- 3In a small bowl, use a fork to combine the cream cheese and goat cheese, mixing thoroughly.
- 4Spread half the cream cheese mixture over Fontina cheese layer.
- 5Spread half the pesto over cream cheese layer.
- 6Spread half the sun-dried tomatoes over pesto layer.
- 7Sprinkle half the pine nuts over tomato layer. Press down lightly with your hands.
- 8Sprinkle one cup Fontina over pine nuts.
- 9Repeat all layers , ending with a layer of Fontina cheese on top. Your loaf will be about 3” high.
- 10Fold plastic wrap over surface of cheese and cover pan with aluminum foil. Refrigerate until ready to serve, or freeze for up to one month. To defrost, remove from freezer and let stand at room temperature for about 8 hours.
- 11When ready to serve. Unwrap top of loaf pan and invert the pan onto a platter. Lift pan up and remove foil and plastic wrap.
- 12Serve with crackers or pita bread wedges.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Cheese Terrine
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.8
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 58.1 mg
- Sodium 452.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 14.2 g