Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very different wing recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup soaked sun-dried tomato, drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 20 chicken wings
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- In a food processor, blend the tomatoes, garlic, and spices until they're chopped fine.
- Add the mayonaise and continue blending until a smooth paste forms.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl with a rubber spatula. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Spread the wings evenly on a buttered 1-2 inch deep baking dish.
- Brush them with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until crispy brown, and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and drain off excess oil.
- Let wings cool for 5 minutes.
- Toss wings in bowl with sundried tomato mixture, coating thoroughly.
- Note: To soak tomatoes, pour enough water over them to cover and let them stand for 10 minutes.