Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
If you have sun dried tomatoes and basil on hand this is a fast vinaigrette to make.
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients in blender (salt and pepper to taste) and blend until creamy.
- Serve on tossed green salad, garden fresh vegetables, or other salad of your choice.
I made this a month or so ago with a few changes. I had some tomatoes to get rid of so dried them for a couple of hours in my oven instead of the sundried tomatoes called for. I usually like a bit lighter oil so used canola oil and to add some oomph I added a bit of Frank's Red Hot sauce. Threw it all in the Cuisinart and it is a rockin' hot and healthy dressing, thank you for posting, Charlotte J.