I came up with this blend so I would have a change from the usual Italian dressings that are so tart. It has a smooth taste and can be used in pasta salads, on green salads and also as a dipping sauce for your favorite breads.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or more after tasting)
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oil, from sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Place all ingredients in blender and mix until well blended.
I've been searching for a dressing that is close to one that comes with a bagged salad at our local supermarket...my partner just fell in love with it and your dressing has made him so happy. It is so good!!! Plus it has no additives or colours etc.+Thank you so much for posting your recipe.
This was a very nice salad dressing. The different taste that i was seeking. I made it first to allow the flavors to marry, while I made a salad. I made a portobello mushroom, feta cheese salad with other additions. Your recipe, as I suspected was the perfect dressing for it. Might add a tad more of the rice vinegar for the quantity of salad, that I made. I really do make big salads. Thank you for sharing
WOW!!!This is great tasting,I used a little less rosemary&oregano(personal taste).I`m using it on veggie pasta salad,but as you say it could be used for many things.So thank you very very much,Linda