Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This tapenade makes a great dressing for pasta salad or topping for grilled swordfish, tuna or veal.
- 2⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, not packed in oil
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, cover tomatoes with boiling water.
- Let steep until softened, about 30 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the liquid.
- Finely chop tomatoes and return to the bowl.
- Mash garlic with salt until it forms a paste.
- Add to tomatoes, along with basil, oil and reserved steeping liquid.
- Mix well.
Sorry Dancer, while I often seek out your recipes because they are tasty and healthy, this really didn't work out very well. Thouh I enjoyed the nice flavor of basil and sun dried tomatoes, they were mostly overshadowed by the saltiness. I do plan to make this with half the salt stated and willreport back on my results.