Recipe by Cultural Twist
This is from Weight Watchers.com. A spectacularly tasty and easy meal to cook up when you want to impress but stay on the plan. Only 5 points per serving!
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, without oil, minced
- 2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wine, dry, white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, stir together sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese and thyme.
- Using a sharp paring knife, cut a horizontal slit through the thickest part of each chicken breast, creating a pocket. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Stuff each chicken breast with 1/4 of the cheese mixture. Season with salt and pepper and dust with flour.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray and warm over high heat. Add chicken and brown well. Remove and set aside.
- Add white wine to pan and boil until almost all evaporated.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons chicken broth until smooth. Whisk cornstarch mixture, remaining chicken broth and tomato paste into white wine.
- Return chicken breasts to pan. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook over low heat until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Baste occasionally with sauce.