Recipe by quikgourmet
This is a slightly adapted version of a recent Southern Living recipe. It is so flavorful and makes a beautiful presentation. AND after making it, you'll also have a quick and easy recipe for bruschetta. Enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato (NOT in oil)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry basil (or 1/2 cup chopped fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken between two sheets of wax paper, flattening to 1/4 inch thickness using a rolling pin or mallet.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Mix together cream cheese, two-thirds of garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes; then spread cream cheese filling over one side of each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon basil and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese over breasts; roll up and secure with a toothpick in each breast.
- Place in an 8-inch-square baking pan coated with cooking spray and bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking (or standing), combine plum tomatoes, olive oil, red wine vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, rest of minced garlic, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 3/4 teaspoon basil. Cut chicken into slices; serve bruschetta (tomato mix) over the slices.
- Any leftover bruschetta can be served with toasted or grilled French/Italian bread slices on another day for a great snack/appetizer!