Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe comes from The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible. It sounded good and I am always looking for reduced fat spreads that will brighten up the meal. I did make a few minor changes from the original recipe based on what was in the refrigerator.
Top Review by Lalaloula
This dip is very, very tasty! It is tomatoey with a lovely tang from the yogurt and the herbs really make it special! YUM! My only issue with it was the texture: Somehow my spread turned out very runny, more like a liquid dip or even sauce. I measured everything carefully and even left out the milk, but it was still very thin. That didnt harm the taste at all and it was gobbled up, but spreading was a little difficult. Next time I will reduce the yogurt and see what happens then... THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing a keeper with us, Paula! Made and reviewed for the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #42 July 2010.
- 1 cup neufchatel cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, rehydrated, sliced (not oil packed)
- 1 tablespoon chives, snipped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste