Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Printed in The Oregonian newspaper, April 05, 2005.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 French baguette, sliced in individual pieces, and warmed
- In a small skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and butter together, then add the minced garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the sundried tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and wine, and simmer until the liquid has evaporated; remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor combine the basil, Parmesan, and cream cheese and pulse for 1 minute.
- When the tomato mixture has cooled, add it into the food processor and blend until smooth; transfer to serving bowl.
- Arrange warm baguette slices on platter, and serve with tomato spread.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups spread.
- Source: Adapted from "Recipes to the Rescue" edited by Chuck Smothermon.
- Note: would also be good as bruschetta spread with white beans.