Recipe by PookeyLumLum
This is fabulous with fish and/or chicken. It can easily be made vegetarian by using vegetable broth instead of chicken. It's quick, easy and was a hit with my family. Hope you enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (I use the ones soaked in olive oil)
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup jasmine rice (you can use long grain white rice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add minced onion and garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and saute another minute.
- Add the Jasmine rice and saute one minute.
- Add the salt, pepper, bouillon cubes and water and stir.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat when boiling and simmer 15 minutes. (No peaking! Do not remove the lid while cooking!).
- After 15 minutes, remove from heat and stir in the fresh spinach and lemon juice.
- Cover and let steam 15 minutes. Voila!