Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 19 mins
Just came up with it one day because Im addicted to pasta and need an alternative.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 3⁄4 cup of chopped sun-dried tomato
- 2 ears corn
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter or 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, tarragon, or basil)
- 1⁄2 cup of 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Roasting the Sqush:.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, scoop out the seeds and yucky stuff.
- Sit the two halves face down in a square, deep pan, (just enough room for them to fit, snuggly).
- Fill the pan 1/4 full with water.
- Cover the top of the pan with foil.
- Let it cook for 1 hour or until the outside of the squash is tender.
- When the squash is cool enough to handle, scoop out the inside by working from the outer portion in to keep the length of the strands in tact.
- Sit to the side.
- The meal:.
- Heat the butter or olive oil in a pan.
- Chop the onion and garlic and saute it in the pan.
- Add the squash and coat it evenly with the butter or oil.
- Add the remaining ingredients, adding the heavy cream last.
- Toss the ingredients and let simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes.