1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain dried tomatoes, reserving 1/4 cup oil.
- 2Chop tomatoes, and set aside.
- 3Heat reserved oil in a Dutch oven; saute onion, celery, carrot and garlic in hot oil 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Stir in dried and canned tomatoes, wine, fennel seeds, and pepper; cook, uncovered, over medium heat 1 hour or to desired consistency, stirring mixture occasionally.
- 5Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add half of sauce mixture.
- 6Pulse 4 or 5 times or until mixture is chopped but not smooth.
- 7Repeat the same procedure with remaining half of sauce mixture.
- 8Serve over hot pasta.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sun-Dried Tomato Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (625 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.9
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 215.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 7.7 g