Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 8 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, undrained
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2⁄3 cup chablis or 2⁄3 cup other dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Drain dried tomatoes, reserving 1/4 cup oil.
- Chop tomatoes, and set aside.
- Heat reserved oil in a Dutch oven; saute onion, celery, carrot and garlic in hot oil 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in dried and canned tomatoes, wine, fennel seeds, and pepper; cook, uncovered, over medium heat 1 hour or to desired consistency, stirring mixture occasionally.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add half of sauce mixture.
- Pulse 4 or 5 times or until mixture is chopped but not smooth.
- Repeat the same procedure with remaining half of sauce mixture.
- Serve over hot pasta.
Well Dancer, this is a really flavourful sauce. My husband and I loved it. We will certainly be enjoying this again. Thanks for a great recipe.