Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from one of my Food and Wine cookbooks. Gourmet pizza. YUM! The wine recommendation is a Pinot grigio.
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped (reserve 1/4 cup of oil)
- 2 (12 inch) prepared pizza crust, such as Boboli
- 1⁄2 lb Fontina cheese, sliced thin
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the oven to 450.
- In a large frying pan, cook the sausage over moderate heat, breaking it up with a spoon, until cooked through and just beginning to brow, about 10 minutes.
- Brush the sun-dried tomato oil over the pizza shells.
- Spread the sausage over the pizza shells.
- Scatter the sun dried tomatoes over the sausage.
- Put the Fontina on top and sprinkle the Parmesan over all.
- Bake the pizzas, directly on the oven rack (for a crisper crust) or on two baking sheets, until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.