Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple "raw foods" recipe found online at Raw Sacramento.
Make and share this Sun-Dried Tomato Salsa (Raw Recipe) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, finely minced
- 1 lemon, juice of (may sub lime juice)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, pureed
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Mix ingredients in a bowl. For best flavor, let sit 1 hour or more so flavors meld.
This was a great recipe; made as directed, I made a full batch and couldn't wait longer than an hour to dig in, so I can't wait to see how it is tomorrow when the flavors are fully married. Thanks for a refreshing, raw salsa recipe, JB!
I halved the recipe adn used 2 slices of jalapeno. I really enjoyed this with tortilla chips! Thanks! Made for the Vegetarian Swap-spring 2009.
Will admit that I changed the combo of ingredients a bit, using, as I did, just half the amount of jalapeno listed while doubling all the other ingredients! Still, in my book, it's a great tasting salsa, & 2 friends that we had over REALLY LIKED IT as well, so there you go ~ Their thanks, & mine, for sharing a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my Raw Food partners in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 8]