Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
There is nothing better than freshly made risotto! Eat as much as you can while it's fresh - it's never quite as good the next day.
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Dilute broth with water and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and saute for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add risotto and saute with mixture for 2 minutes, until rice is crackling and slightly brown.
- Add 1 cup of broth liquid, salt and pepper. Stir constantly until all liquid is absorbed by the rice.
- Add basil, parsley, and sun dried tomatoes.
- Continue adding broth 1 cup at a time, until all liquid is absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Risotto will be tender and slightly creamy when done.
- Stir in freshly grated parmesan and serve.
Amazing dish that I'll be making again as soon as possible. This was so good I wish I could give it more than 5 stars! Thank you very much for a new favorite. =)