Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe taken from Taste of Home Special Editions submitted by Marie Rizzio. This is wonderful bread to go along with soup.
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 2 T oil.
- Chop tomatoes and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour baking powder, sugar, basil, salt, baking soda and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, oil and reserved sun dried tomato oil.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in cheese, parsley and sun dried tomatoes.
- Transfer to three greased 5 3/4 x 3 x 2 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.