1 hr 10 mins
Recipe taken from Taste of Home Special Editions submitted by Marie Rizzio. This is wonderful bread to go along with soup.
My Private Note
mini lo ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1Drain tomatoes, reserving 2 T oil.
- 2Chop tomatoes and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the flour baking powder, sugar, basil, salt, baking soda and pepper.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, oil and reserved sun dried tomato oil.
- 5Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 6Fold in cheese, parsley and sun dried tomatoes.
- 7Transfer to three greased 5 3/4 x 3 x 2 inch loaf pans.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 9Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sun Dried Tomato Provolone Bread
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.9
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 79.2 mg
- Sodium 902.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 14.6 g