Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe taken from Taste of Home Special Editions submitted by Marie Rizzio. This is wonderful bread to go along with soup.
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 2 T oil.
- Chop tomatoes and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour baking powder, sugar, basil, salt, baking soda and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, oil and reserved sun dried tomato oil.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in cheese, parsley and sun dried tomatoes.
- Transfer to three greased 5 3/4 x 3 x 2 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.