Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe taken from Taste of Home Special Editions submitted by Marie Rizzio. This is wonderful bread to go along with soup.
- 78.07 ml sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 532.32 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 6.16 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 295.73 ml buttermilk
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 236.59 ml shredded provolone cheese
- 59.14 ml minced fresh parsley
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 2 T oil.
- Chop tomatoes and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour baking powder, sugar, basil, salt, baking soda and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, oil and reserved sun dried tomato oil.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in cheese, parsley and sun dried tomatoes.
- Transfer to three greased 5 3/4 x 3 x 2 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.