Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I threw this together tonight on a whim to go along side a nice steak. I enjoyed the results so figured I would share it here.
- Cut the potatoes into small chunks about the size of a thumb. Leave the skins on.
- Put into a pot of boiling water and boil for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the potatoes well and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, oil, margarine, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper into the bowl.
- Use a potato masher to crush the potatoes and the tomatoes together and keep going until everything is combined but the potatoes are crushed rather than mashed.
Lovely recipe and very easy to prepare! I love sun-dried tomatoes and this was a great way to liven up mashed potatoes! I didn't use the margarine, I had ample oil from the tomatoes. I used this recipe as the topping for Shepherd's Pie Revisited, gaining the best of both worlds! Thank you Sarah-Jayne, Made for vegetarian swap#11