Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
I threw this together tonight on a whim to go along side a nice steak. I enjoyed the results so figured I would share it here.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Lovely recipe and very easy to prepare! I love sun-dried tomatoes and this was a great way to liven up mashed potatoes! I didn't use the margarine, I had ample oil from the tomatoes. I used this recipe as the topping for Recipe #369584, gaining the best of both worlds! Thank you Sarah-Jayne, Made for vegetarian swap#11
- 10 ounces potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped up
- 2 teaspoons sun-dried tomato olive oil, reserved from the jar of tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon reduced fat margarine
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch salt
- pepper (to season)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the potatoes into small chunks about the size of a thumb. Leave the skins on.
- Put into a pot of boiling water and boil for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the potatoes well and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, oil, margarine, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper into the bowl.
- Use a potato masher to crush the potatoes and the tomatoes together and keep going until everything is combined but the potatoes are crushed rather than mashed.