Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Super easy for the crockpot, it can be done with beef or pork. Cook with carrots and new potatoes and you have side dishes too.
- 2 -3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast or 2 -3 lbs top round roast
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, whole
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup water or 1 cup beef broth
- Combine all ingredients in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
You'll want to get a piece of tomato and onion, with every bite of this roast. It is really good! Don't throw out the garlic, give the cloves to the garlic lover in your house. One half teaspoon of ground rosemary was used instead of dried rosemary, which I took as meaning the needle-like leaves. One packet of Herb-Ox Instant Broth & Seasoning Sodium Free was adding to the one cup water. I can't wait to make this again, thank you for posting. I may try a larger roast next time. Made for Rejoice! It's "National Tomato Month" tag game! 2012