Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted for a request, I have not tried this myself.
Make and share this Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza Snack Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups bite size shredded whole wheat cereal (like tiny shredded wheat squares)
- 2 cups unsweetened puffed corn cereal (Kix)
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 2 cups mini cheese crackers
- 1 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 -9 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, diced
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Spray 9x13 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cereals, crackers, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine cheese, butter, oil, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in medium bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH 1 to 1/2 minutes until foamy and herbs release their aromas.
- Stir in tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Pour over cereal mixture and stir well to coat.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and bake another 15 minutes.
- Let cool in pan set on wire rack about 2 hours, leaving uncovered until mixture is crisp and tomato pieces have lost their moisture.
- Store in airtight container or resealable plastic storage bag.
This is really good. A definate change from other snack mixes. I loved the tang that it had. Thank you for a keeper.