Recipe by Rita~
This healthy meal is very flavorful quick and easy. Chicken stuffed with fresh basil, pine nuts, sun dried tomatoes with a syrupy balsamic sauce.
Top Review by Cyn
I really enjoyed this recipe! The flavors are very nice together. I made it as stated but added some goat cheese because I had it on hand and needed to use it up. Delicious, thanks for sharing!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 4 to 6 ounces each
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or 1 teaspoon garlic powder, if watching your salt
- 4 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted
- 8 marinated sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 bunch basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a deep horizontal pocket in the side of each chicken breast. Make the pocket as large as you can without piercing the top or bottom of the breast. Rub pepper & salt over the breasts. Place 2 slices of tomato 1 teaspoon pine nuts and about 4 basil leaves in the pocket of each chicken breast. Secure the pocket with toothpicks threading along the side to close. Heat the oil in a heavy oven-proof skillet until it begins to smoke. Cook each side of the chicken until golden brown.
- Add the vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and gently simmer the chicken for 2 or 3 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and keep in a warm oven or under a foil tent. Continue to cook the sauce until it is reduced to a thick syrup.
- Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over each chicken breast. Garnish with fresh basil.