1/3 Photos of Sun-Dried Tomato, Pine Nuts and Basil Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This healthy meal is very flavorful quick and easy. Chicken stuffed with fresh basil, pine nuts, sun dried tomatoes with a syrupy balsamic sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 4 to 6 ounces each
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or 1 teaspoon garlic powder, if watching your salt
- 4 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted
- 8 marinated sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 bunch basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1Cut a deep horizontal pocket in the side of each chicken breast. Make the pocket as large as you can without piercing the top or bottom of the breast. Rub pepper & salt over the breasts. Place 2 slices of tomato 1 teaspoon pine nuts and about 4 basil leaves in the pocket of each chicken breast. Secure the pocket with toothpicks threading along the side to close. Heat the oil in a heavy oven-proof skillet until it begins to smoke. Cook each side of the chicken until golden brown.
- 2Add the vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and gently simmer the chicken for 2 or 3 minutes per side until cooked through.
- 3Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and keep in a warm oven or under a foil tent. Continue to cook the sauce until it is reduced to a thick syrup.
- 4Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over each chicken breast. Garnish with fresh basil.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sun-Dried Tomato, Pine Nuts and Basil Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.0
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 76.8 mg
- Sodium 289.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: