Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
The inspiration for this recipe was RitaL's "Sun Dried Tomato, Pine Nuts and Basil Stuffed Chicken Breasts". I didn't have the same ingridents but it made me think about the combo of flavors. This is easy and tasty.
- 4 (6 ounce) chicken breasts
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- One by one put each chicken breast in a large ziplock baggie and pound it to 1/4 inch thickness.
- To make pesto: put the sundried tomatos, garlic, pecans, parmesan and olive oil into a mini-chopper or blender and puree until smooth.
- Lay the chicken flat and place a tablespoon of the pesto on each. Roll it up and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Heat the butter in a heavy large frying pan. Add the chicken and saute until browned and done, about 30 minutes, turning several times.
- Meanwhile, add the cream and sour cream to a small saucepan and heat through. Add the remaining pesto to this and heat until bubbly, but not boiling.
- Pour sauce into the frying pan with the chicken. Be sure to scrape up any pan drippings and heat this well through.
- I served this over spinach.