Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
This a very simple recipe to throw together and it tastes delicious. I just served ours over a salad but it would also work sliced over pasta with a sauce.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 80 -100 g feta cheese, sliced (depending on size of breasts)
- 4 -6 slices prosciutto, to secure chicken (depending on the width of each slice)
- Pre-Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Slice breasts and open out, using a meat mallet pound breasts, until of approximate even thickness.
- Spread pesto down center of each breast, place sliced sun-dried tomato down the center, top with feta, roll chicken breasts up and secure with prosciutto slices.
- Place breasts in an oven proof dish, drizzle olive oil over breasts and bake for about 30-35 Min's or until cooked through.
I love how simple this is but yet it is full of flavour. It was a hit with both hubby and 4 year old DD and goes into my keeper file. Thanks for posting!
How good is this? If there were ten stars, that is what I would give. The only thing I doctored with is, I added parma chesse with the feta, sprinkled sea salt and quality italian seasoning with the drizzled olive oil. I pulled it out 5 minutes early, wrapped in tinfoil and let it rest. My daughter and boyfriend says its a keeper. Thank you for a great easy recipe.