Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple and wonderful.
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped
- 4 -6 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, with oil
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Everything goes into the food processor.
- Whirl till you have a thick, grainy sauce.
- Store in the refrigerater covered, or serve immediately: 1/4 cup for each serving.
- Pass some additional Parmesan for individual taste.
Great recipe! This was a nice twist on the traditional pesto and so easy/economical to make since it doesn't use fresh herbs (and I used canned parmesan). I stirred it into 16 oz of cooked angel-hair pasta and spread it on some broiled turkey cutlets. I happened to have pine nuts rather than almonds (usually it's the other way around), and my stepson who had never had pine nuts before, turned out to be allergic to them and had to be rushed to the ER! Thank the Lord he's fine now but I'm using almonds next time...
Really nice.I like the idea of using almonds instead of the more usual pinenuts in this pesto.
Tasty! I used almonds in some and then pine nuts in another batch and I couldn't taste much of a difference. I did end up adding extra oil. Giving this away as Christmas gifts!!! Thanks for posting.