Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw this recipe on the Oprah Winfrey Show, and it's really good!
Make and share this Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes, drained (packed in oil)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh fresh parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed under a knife and peeled
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Process all the ingredients in a food processor fitted with the metal blade until the mixture forms a coarse paste.
- (The pesto can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 1 month).
Great recipe for the tomatoe/pestosauce. I marinated a veal chop with about a teaspoon and a half on each side of the chop, placed it on tinfoil in a pyrex dish. closed the tinfoil - 350F oven for 20 minutes, opened the foil, added additional parmesan and continued to cook it. Broil the last few minutes if necessary to brown the cheese. I served this with buttered linguine and added 2 tbsp of crumbled blue cheese MMMmmmm I also did Brussels sprouts in garlic butter by TraceyK. A very enjoyable dinner Thank-you Mirjam & TraceyK. UPDATE: Last week I used this sauce on a veal chop and Sat night I made a thin crust pizza, mixed this sauce half & half with pizza sauce then added pepporoni, mushrooms, mozzarella, chopped fresh tomatoes, olives and anchovies - A pizza to die for. Mirjam this sauce has so many uses I thinks a jar will be in my fridge all the time Thanks
Absolutely delicious, and the scalloped potato recipe that goes with this is just as good!
I love this recipe! I had only 1 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, so I substituted the other cup with roasted red bell peppers. Since they are mildly flavored in comparison to sun-dried tomatoes, I don't believe they could do much to dilute the robust flavor. Red peppers have a TON of vitamin C, so I think they made the pesto more nutritional. Also, I didn't have parsley leaves so I left them out. Even so, WOW! I served it over wide egg noodles. Yum!