Prep 7 mins
Cook 23 mins
This makes a wonderful pasta dish, with a nice, soft spiciness to it. The sun-dried tomtatoes and shallots add a nice touch, as does the eggplant (although I sometimes leave the eggplant out). You can also use whole, fresh red or green chiles with this recipe, but I usually use canned diced green chiles, to avoid chopping the whole chiles. I love to serve this with cheesy garlic bread and a nice, crisp salad. Another recipe from one of Linda McCartney's vegetarian cookbooks. Please note that the cooking time does not include cooking the pasta.
- 3⁄4 lb thin spaghetti, cooked al dente
- 1 cup cream
- 4 shallots, sliced finely
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into tiny cubes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup diced green chilis
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- Place shallots and garlic in olive oil and cook covered for 5 mins, or until soft.
- Stir in eggplant and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add Italian seasoning, sun-dried tomatoes, and green chiles, and stir well.
- Turn the heat down to low, cover, and cook for 10 mins, stirring on occassion.
- Add cream, stir well, and allow to heat thru for 5 minutes.
- Puree mixture in blender, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with cooked pasta, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve.