Recipe by Polly W
The original recipe is from Allrecipes.I have made changes to this and this is truly one of my favorite recipes!! With the calories this has, I hate to even say I like the Ronzoni smart taste or Dreamfield pasta !! Once you see the calories it's like " why bother "? But at least in my mind, I think I am doing myself a favor !!Daughter # 2 just called me yesterday for the recipe so she could make it for her sister's who are coming for dinner.
Top Review by St. Louie Suzie
Oh, man, is this good!!! I cut the recipe in half and served this as a side dish with a simple grilled salmon, so I left out the chicken. I also left out mushrooms, just because I don't care for them much. I added about a cup of frozen peas, too. I didn't add that last cup of cream either because it already looked perfect. I did add just about 1/4 cup 2% milk to thin it out just a little before serving over bowtie pasta. Delicious! Thanks for posting!
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 tbs water
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 lb mushroom
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup heavy cream
- fresh parsley
- 1 (16 ounce) box penne pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pan- boil chicken in water until cooked set aside to cool.
- When cool cut in small pieces.
- I another large pan, cook 3 cups cream just until it boils ( watch so it does not boil over ! ) Add bouillon, asiago cheese and wine.Stir until well blended.
- Add cornstarch mixture and simmer constantly until thickened.
- Mix in sun-dried tomatoes.
- This can be made ahead of time and put in fridge for later use.
- Cook bacon in large fry pan and cook until crisp.
- remove and drain on paper towel.
- in same pan add butter over medium heat, saute red onion and garlic and sliced mushrooms until cooked, add bacon cook for 2-3 minutes.
- stir in green onions,chicken and remaining 1 cup cream and cook until heated . Add Asiago cream sauce and blend together. Serve over pasta and sprinkle with parsley ! Worth the effort -- Enjoy with remaining white wine !