1/1 Photo of Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Sauce
1 hr 15 mins
Lady Dice's Note:
Rich and hearty pasta sauce..no cheese required!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 4 -6 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 0.5 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 5 -6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- fresh basil, Chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Sautee onions and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- 2Add Italian seasoning, chile flakes, sugar, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes.
- 3Add tomato paste and sundried tomatoes and cook for a few minutes.
- 4Add can of tomatoes and break up with spoon.
- 5Puree with a hand blender.
- 6Cook for 1-2 hours on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- 7Remove from heat and add Basil.
- 8Adjust seasoning.
- 9Serve over pasta.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.0
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 198.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: