Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Cooking Light appetizer which incorporates sun-dried tomatoes and kalamata olives on puff pastry.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Place first 5 ingredients in a mini-chopper; process until finely chopped. Unfold dough, and roll to a 10 x 9 inch rectangle. Spread the tomato mixture over dough, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Roll up long side of dough (from both sides), jelly-roll fashion, until sides meet in the middle. Chill 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut dough crosswise into 20 slices. Arrange slices in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Wow, these were really yummy! I switched out the olives for a little green onion. We don't really lik olives too much. This recipe was easier to make than I expected it to be. We'll be making this again for sure. Thanks Nancy.
These are really nice! I made them last night and enjoyed them while they were still warm and crispy. Didn't use olives we don't like them but sprinkled Parmesan cheese instead. Served them with cheese plater and beer. Perfect for finger food. Make sure you have good quality puff pastry made with real butter. Thank you Nancy!