Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
The Totally Muffins Cookbook suggests serving these muffins with egg and cheese dishes.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons oil, drained from tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease muffin tins or line with paper cups.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl lightly beat the egg. Stir in tomato oil, sugar and milk and pour into flour mixture all at once. Mix just until flour disappears. Stir in tomatoes and olives.
- Pour into muffin cups and bake 25 minutes (or until muffins spring back when pressed).
way too much baking soda! tastes like soap. mine lacked flavor even after adding spices and cheese