- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons oil, drained from tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease muffin tins or line with paper cups.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl lightly beat the egg. Stir in tomato oil, sugar and milk and pour into flour mixture all at once. Mix just until flour disappears. Stir in tomatoes and olives.
- Pour into muffin cups and bake 25 minutes (or until muffins spring back when pressed).