Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yeast-free, quick bread. Good as an appetizer with cream cheese or soup.
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil (I used dry sun-dried tomatoes that I soaked in oil for ~30 min before putting in the bread, worked w)
- 1 tablespoon oil, from sun-dried tomato
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped olive (original recipe recommended green, I used kalamata, which was not the best combination of flavors, c)
- 12 ounces beer (any kind, can be flat or warm or etc...)
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk beer & egg together and add to dry mix.
- Fold in tomatoes, olives & oil.
- Bake at 350F for ~40 minutes. I baked the bread in loaf pans dusted with cornmeal and parmesan cheese for an interesting crust.
I followed the recipe exactly and got a tough bread. I love breads, sun dried tomatoes and olives, but didn't like this one. If you have any idea what I might have done wrong, let me know and I'd be willing to give it another try--and change my review, of course. Sorry...
Fabulous, quick and easy !! Mine was minus the tomatoes as I had none but I used lots of chopped black olives and it was a huge hit served with soup. I will definitely do this again - probably tomorrow !!!!!