Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This comes from Cooking Pleasures magazine. You don't need mini loaf pans because this is hand-formed and baked on a baking sheet. They are made with ground turkey instead of ground beef and have a lighter finished color because of it, so the tomatoes add a bright pretty touch of color to them. Avoid overworking the meat when mixing it together or they will become more dense and heavier.
- 118.29 ml sun-dried tomato (not oil-packed)
- 59.14 ml boiling water
- 453.59 g extra- lean ground turkey
- 118.29 ml old fashioned oats
- 118.29 ml freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh thyme
- 4.92 ml fresh ground pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 8 large fresh sage leaves
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes and boiling water in small bowl.
- Cover; let stand 5 minutes or until soft.
- Remove tomatoes from bowl; cool.
- Squeeze out moisture; chop.
- In large bowl, gently mix together sun-dried tomatoes, turkey, oats, cheese, eggs, onion, thyme, pepper and salt.
- Divide into 4 portions.
- Gently form each portion into loaf shape; place on baking sheet.
- Press 2 sage leaves onto top of each loaf; drizzle loaves with oil.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until no longer pink in center and internal temperature reaches 170 degrees Fahrenheit.
Very good! Followed the recipe exactly and it turned out perfect! Very quick and easy as well. I'll be making this again!